Tuesday, May 09, 2006

+100 pips : Euro bulls resumed while awaiting Fed rate hike by FOMC.

It's inevitable to notice that the Asian and London Session is getting more and more quiet these days and primary moves are only noticed during the New York Session. I managed to position a trade after the retracement yesterday. I've increased my account leverage from 3% to 6% per trade as I've gained more confident on the system I'm using now. In 2 weeks time, if it went smoothly as planned. I will increase my trade leverage to a maximum of 9% and I will trade with only 9% from now on. I managed to make 2 new trades today for EUR/USD with new leverage @ 1.2680 & 1.2730. To protect against my losses in the daily interest rates of EUR/USD, I’ve managed to short USD/ZAR @ 6.05... hoping that instead of even out my interest deficits everday it would bring me profit in long term as well.

In 2 weeks time, I hope to see EUR/USD to reach 1.30 although 1.29 for me is a critical reversal point and if a break upwards above 1.29, it will serve as a great support for the EUR/USD. However, this week’s crucial data release would be tomorrow’s FOMC rate decision where it’s expected by all an increase of 25 bps and a pause will be expected after tomorrow’s hike. This will trigger further EUR/USD rally towards 1.28 and probably breaking it. However, if the Fed signals that the hike will happen but not until 5.25% or 5.50% we will see further retracement of EUR/USD. In which happens, my bias is still towards Euro which I believe the current sentiment of majority traders are with me.

===================
Completed/Closed Trades
===================

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2680 , TP @ 1.2730

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2730, TP @ 1.2780

============
Existing Trades
============

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2610 ( Position Trade )

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2760 , TP @ 1.2810

Long USD/CHF @ 1.2380

Short USD/ZAR @ 6.05

I strongly believe tomorrow will be a better market to trade in as more important data of Euro-Zone, British and Greenback will be released and we will see big trading range hopefully. I currently have no trades planned further except the 50 pips series I intend to continue until the EUR/USD reaches 1.30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home