Tuesday, July 11, 2006

No-Action Tuesday.... *yawn*

Prices have been in range trading the whole day without much of movements within 1.2700 and 1.2700 and 1.2760 for EUR/USD. For USD/CHF, it's just exactly a mirror image of EUR/USD which I've been using to hedge all my trades all this while. Japan Consumer Confidence fell to 47.2 from 49.8 in May as the benchmark Nikkei 225 Stock Average sank to a seven-month low and rising fuel prices eroded spending power. A reading below 50 means pessimists outnumber optimists. A median of six economists surveyed by Bloomberg News was for confidence to drop to 49.1. Meanwhile German WPI (Wholesale Price Index) advanced at their strongest pace in 5-1/2 years in June, as the cost of metals, fuels and tobacco rose and French Trade Balance deficit has narrowed to -1.8 billion euros, from a revised -2.0 billion in April. Basically all of this don't really mean a thing now for the market as these are not the main concentration for the traders. Without USD data today, I couldn't expect much and just sitting in front of the pc monitoring the price movements. While I forgot to mention for the past few days, XAU/USD or gold has remained firm throughout the USD 'retaliation' against the Euro. XAU/USD has done very well to maintain the price at 630 level and I could see it could possibly hit the sky if USD shows weak data. NZD/USD and AUD/USD has shown quite some strength against the dollar since the country's economy ( Australia is the second largest gold producer on Earth and New Zealand's economy is tightly correlated with Australia's). The main focus will be US Trade Balance due tomorrow, Retail Sales and Michigan Confidence for the month of June, due this Friday. I'm hoping for the best for the coming days ahead and hopefully if I'm not wrong, Euro will be back on the bullish side. Not expecting USD to comeback yet, at least not now. I'm prepared to take a high leverage trade for my live account at 1.2780 trying out my high leverage system. My demo account meanwhile is still stuck with 1.2810 EUR/USD trade. Hoping I could close it with a slight profit or minor loss. I'm paying a heck of $440 bucks a day just for interest rates. These leeches are sucking me dry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home