Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Strong Euro Data vs. FOMC Minute & Chicago PMI

Range trading seems to be getting into the lives of every forex trader nowadays. It's been 2 weeks since it's been like this everyday, minimal movements during the Asian & London session and slow movements were only seen in NY session. Today I've my bet on euro bull as according the the data which came all much better than consensus and the Fed raising interest has become an issue that will cause slower economic growth in the US. I'm currently looking in medium-long term of what would the sentiment in the end would be. The Chicago PMI is reported ridiculously high for the month of May which has caused by profit-taking in gold. So the clear picture will be known later at 14:00 EST where the FOMC minutes of May 10 will be released. If the Fed decides to raise interest, I add 2 more USD/CHF trades adding to my existing 3 USD/CHF to protect my losses and hoping to see it hitting a high of 1.2430. If the FOMC decides to pause the June 29 rate hike, we would most likely see EUR/USD settling above 1.2900 before NY closing and even probably hit 1.2970 which will bring us back to EUR/USD bull trying for 1.3000. I will then have a series of 50-pip trades following on the EUR/USD bull. I have bought an unit of gold at 648.80 and I don't intend to let it go with a loss this time as I've devastated my account with my move. I've learnt alot more about this system I'm working on and my experiences this 2 months has improved me significantly in forex trading eventhough I'll still have alot to learn.

============
Existing Trades
============

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2860

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2910

Long EUR/USD @ 1.2960

Long USD/CHF @ 1.2240

Long USD/CHF @ 1.2280

Long USD/CHF @ 1.2380

Short USD/ZAR @ 6.0500

Short USD/ZAR @ 6.6692

Long XAU/USD @ 648.80

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home