Thursday, August 10, 2006

Terrorist Plot Foiled, US Trade Balance Better Than Expected.

What a day... This is one hell of a day, I'm assuming that I'm not alone feeling this. When it was the weakest time for the USD to be very data dependant and the terrorist planned to blow up airliners. This has caused the USD to act as a safe haven again, where the market always over-react in terrorist plots. U.K. police foiled a plot to blow up airliners bound for the U.S. in a series of terrorist bombings the government said might have been deadlier than the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington. U.K. authorities arrested 21 people during the night, Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Paul Stephenson said today. The attacks were aimed at United Airlines, American Airlines and Continental Airlines planes, the Associated Press reported, citing unidentified U.S. counter-terrorism officials in Washington. Heathrow, Europe's busiest airport, canceled incoming flights and air traffic was disrupted throughout the region. Aiding the USD, was the lower than expected US Trade Balance narrowed to $64.8 billion in June as shipments of business equipment from American companies to overseas customers reached a record. Imports were also the highest ever.

My trade for EUR/USD has been stopped loss with a 40 pips loss. One mistakes followed one another as I took a gold trade ( I don't know what got into me...) and I'm on a negative right now. I'm now planning to make some corrections in days to come if I don't have any margin call... again. I could always build up once again. I hope things won't be as shitty for me this time. Happy Trading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home